• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting android

Typically no, rooting won't 'delete your data' but it's always a good idea to actually do regular backups anyway no matter if you're rooting your phone or not. Also, depending on your own skill level, the version of Android your phone is running, and the method you use to root it are all factors to take into consideration. But again, just set up a backup solution now.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, svim :)
Can you suggest a method to back up so that I dont lose any app data? I have tried backing up in cloud using gmail. But its not backing up my apps. Its only backing up my contacts and photos. Is there anything I am missing here?
Try using Samsung's 'Smart Switch' utility. It's a more or less comprehensive backup and restore tool for Samsung devices. It can also be used to apply firmware updates (conditionally).
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones