• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting GT-S5839i says E: cant mount /sdcard

Ok I downloaded the file to the SD card but installed from within the Android OS so I don't think that's a problem. Didn't try to install it from recovery mode.

I hit cancel when asked to update so I'm running the app on the phone now. It looks Chinese.

Options are:
- ROOT Privileges
- App Permission
- Sustem Clean
- Optimize
"No ROOT privileges" is displayed at the top with a green button underneath displaying "click"

Upvote 0
If it fails i will get online tomorrow, well today now lol and we will win! It's 2:26 am and if my better half sees me awake when she gets up for work in 2 and a a half hours she will be pissed lol.
I will be watching my emails via my phone to see if t worked. Fingers crossed.

If not there are still viable options left. I did see different Cwm recoveries and that maybe the answer. If need be to make things go faster i can connect remotely to your Mac and use the chat on my website. Then i can copy and paste the live chat to the forum.

Reactions: Benjamin2102
Upvote 0
Ok, I am given the option of updating to 2.2.6 which would be iRoot. I try to and then it downloads it to 100% then when I try to install it tells me I am going to overwrite another app which is obv. ROOT Master. When I accept and tap install it runs for a sec and then just quite and says "application not installed". I can only tap the "Done" button here at which point I'm back in the app lists.

We can try this later. Thanks v.much for your help. Live chat and remote connect might be better option.

Get some rest haha we'll sort this out later!

Upvote 0
Hi James,

Haven't made any more progress since ROOT Master. I'm unable to update to iROOT, there's a problem with updating which causes the app to to fail the iROOT installation every time. I'm going to try and dl + run another Root app from https://play.google.com/store/search?q=iROOT&hl=en_GB. I don't have PC in the house either so couldn't try to do from a different OS.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Root Master is uninstalled.

SuperSU can't be opened. Running the app just displays a error message: "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!"

I don't have boot camp.

I am not able to download apps via Google Play now for some reason. It says the download will begine shortly but then never starts downloading to the phone. Do you know why this might be? Wi-Fi and BT are both on.

Upvote 0
I've removed unwanted apps now + cleaned out other files.

Internal phone mem is 190MB with 64MB free. Seems like i shouldn't be an issue but it still isn't allowing downloads for apps when as it was yesterday.

The iROOT is taking forever to dl. Website was flagged as suspicious. It's gonna take about 6mins to dl 5 MB :S.

Upvote 0
Try root genius as well. The Iroot download as far as the app took a bit for me as well but i did it from my phone.
As far as the site being flagged suspicious i have no idea. I don't use antivirus on my PC's or phone... Never have as most of the files i have would be flagged and removed.

On a side note let me know how crossover does, seems interesting.
I no longer own a Mac as i gave it away.

Upvote 0
CrossOver installed ok but when I run it with the windows version and try to connect to the phone via usb using it, it just continues to attempt to connect (10 mins now with no connection). CrossOver seems to work fine so this might be worth exploring.

iRoot.apk for Android download currently at 64%.

Will try root genius as well.

I'm getting the feeling that there is a larger problem at work here, one that can't be solved by downloading apss or running updates through recovery mode. Is it common for these phones to be this stubborn?

Upvote 0
The windows version Kies install gets all the way to the end before error message occurs. Tried twice now, same result.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 02.26.49.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 02.26.49.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones