• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting my Oppo

I want to root my oppo reno6 pro 5g (CPH2249) with Android 13

How i can root my Android 13 oppo phone i don't know how to root please help me

Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Love
Reactions: lebigmac
Good luck...

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
ok so after doing some reading.....here is what i found:
1. you need to unlock the bootloader. but it is not an easy thing. there was mention of an unlock tool, but i have yet to find this tool. it was mentioned that this is not a free service. i did find this thread:Oppo Reno Unlock bootloader !!!
2. there is no dev community for your phone. there is no custom roms. but i did find an unofficial TWRP recovery:unofficial twrp 3.6.2 Root Oppo Reno 6 Pro Plus 5G (OP4EC1)
but i do not know how legit it is though......so use at your own risk.

basically for root, you need to unlock the bootloader, install magisk, flash twrp recovery and you are now officially rooted.

just curious with no dev community, why do you want to root the phone?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thank you so much

I want to root my because i can install rooted apps and i can install coustom room and i can hack games with game guardian without parallel space

I am 15

Well that's not going to happen with an Oppo Reno6. If you'd been eight years earlier, when Oppo phones were a developers' favourite for rooting and many custom ROMs. And I've been there and done that, with an Oppo Find7. Unfortunately the halcyan days of Oppo phones have long gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's sad But,
it's worth noting that the smartphone industry is always evolving, and new trends and possibilities can emerge in the future. Perhaps there will be a shift back towards greater customization options or new alternatives that cater to the needs of tech enthusiasts. Only time will tell.

Well quite frankly I don't think that's going to happen. In Oppo's case it was probably costing them too much $$$ in customer support, bricked device warranty arguments, along with unhappy customers. That was from the many posts I read back in the day on Oppo Forums, now discontinued. If you knew what you were doing as a tech enthusiast, and had sufficient knowledge of the issues, they were usually okay.

The Oppo Reno6, it's a reliable and competent phone from what I've seen, but if you want to root and hack it...Good luck! You're on you're own...no devs. no fun.

For my own uses now I just want a reliable smart-phone that always works. so I have a Samsung these days, unrooted and unmodified of course. The Oppo Find7 I had running CyanogenMod, would occasionally take a dump and reset itself for no apparent reasons. Along with so many, especially banking and financial apps, that will not run on rooted and modified device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you really wish to have "i can install rooted apps and i can install coustom room and i can hack games with game guardian without parallel space"

Suggest you look at Ebay or Craigslist for suitable used devices, and just keep it as a secondary device for your leisure. I still keep an old Samsung Galaxy S7 that was given to me for exactly that purpose.

Upvote 0
Well quite frankly I don't think that's going to happen. In Oppo's case it was probably costing them too much $$$ in customer support, bricked device warranty arguments, along with unhappy customers. That was from the many posts I read back in the day on Oppo Forums, now discontinued. If you knew what you were doing as a tech enthusiast, and had sufficient knowledge of the issues, they were usually okay.

The Oppo Reno6, it's a reliable and competent phone from what I've seen, but if you want to root and hack it...Good luck! You're on you're own...no devs. no fun.

For my own uses now I just want a reliable smart-phone that always works. so I have a Samsung these days, unrooted and unmodified of course. The Oppo Find7 I had running CyanogenMod, would occasionally take a dump and reset itself for no apparent reasons. Along with so many, especially banking and financial apps, that will not run on rooted and modified device.
That's why cell companies moved to a 6-month to 1-year policy hold on carrier/sim unlock code release. Plus the whole rope in your business for the minimum. Reliable or not, I enjoy the challenge of Rooting devices. Especially the less common devices, but I'm in Rooting and Upgrading handsets as a hobby. Android Programming. I'm currently working on an OP Nord N200 5G, Revvl 6 5G, iPhone 8, and an old LG L38C. My Custom without Root - Samsung Galaxy A14 5G - is about the only one I'm not trying to root at the moment, but it's still under carrier lock. and it's still the best option.

Ok thanks for advice i surely think about that
If you want to learn how to Root, I suggest learning how to run Platform-Tools (adb and fastboot commands for Android shell/programming). Not sure what chipset OPPO is but learning how to use MTKClient commands as a backup (Also for Android shell/programming if for Mediatek Devices). Rooting can and will brick your device, or get it stuck in a bootloop. So, learn the different reset modes for your devices and learn how to flash the stock ROM to repair any damage you do. NOTE: Rooting also makes your warranty null and void, so any damage caused to the device by rooting attempts is solely the owner's responsibility. Do so at your own risk. But I think it's pretty fun myself. Good luck.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones