• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Note 4 910F

Trying to get stock rom back on phone- not a lot of luck at mo.
Using Odin latest, when I try to get the stock rom file into AP, it won't let me do it. .
I downloaded the rom, extracted it, put the infernal thing in a folder, then when I try to find it, it's not there or it keeps on wanting to open other boxes. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
Cheers Gregg, let me know how it goes, might give it a go myself if official Marshmallow isn't forthcoming, I've tried a couple of ROM's but couldn't get on with either of them. Phil

I have had Resurrection on my two S3,s - worked well. This one is far better than Emotion rom.; I was only wanting to get stock rom back on in case I put it in for OnePlus 5, will be my next phone.

PS---did you mean that Nougat wasn't forthcoming ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
Tried again to get stock rom on Note 4---failed.

A load of red writing on screen--

File size too big- 84920< 245760
Odin - invalid EXT 4 image

I have debugging ticked and stock rom extracted ( or do you not extract it ?/.)
Just done it again- failed miserably
Which means now, to use phone I have to reset it up with RR rom. Bummer!!!!
What am I doing wrong, please ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are probably not doing anything wrong, I put the downloaded file on the desktop, then start Odin, start phone in download mode, connect phone to computer, wait for it to show Added, click on AP and go to Desktop and select TAR file, then wait for the start button to be available and away it goes, if this is what you are doing and it's not working there is a problem with your phone setup somewhere. Phil
p.s. I always remove the SD card when flashing ROM's.

Upvote 0
Right.
Just tried again- FAIL. I had taken out SD card as well. I had copied backup to sd card, in both the SD1 and SD folders---when I went to twrp to Restore, there was no access to anything- getting hacked off now.
On phone screen it says;

Odin Mode-High Speed
Product name SM-N910F
Current Binary- Custom
System Status- Custom
Knox Warranty Void: 0x1 (4)
Qualcomm Secure boot: Enable (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1

Secure Download : Enable
UDC Start
Volume size is too big 81920<245760
ODIN- Invalid ext4 image

Beaten me

So back in goes the Sd card, flash TWRP ( only thing that works ok, lol) and set up Resurrection Remix rom, yet again. I need the phone.

Upvote 0
Very few have now even LG have gone tbat way

Got a OnePlus 5.&amp;nbsp; The note was frequently getting very hot, even when not being used- was doing that with original battery and 2nd one, so obviously something hardware awry.

Thanks again for your help,- I certainly won't be messing with this one, lol.

Greg.

Reactions: forresterchristie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones