• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S.O.H...HELP...tablet bricked I didn't do it.

lilyoungsta

Lurker
Mar 29, 2012
I recently bought a SuperSonic 7" 4gb tablet model # sc-74 mid . 4rm an individual. It had no charger and battery dead. I know I should of said no ... But I gave him the benefit of dought thinking " it's an android I'm sure what ever is wrong we can fix it" i dnt kno the history of this tablet so 1st I look threw my box of scrap wires and chargers to look for a match. Tablet says it needs a DC 5v center positive. Bingo I found an old cell phon charger that has an output of 5.7v. Close enough im thinking. I jus wanna see if it boots up and runs if so I go buy the right charger. Well long story short .....plugged it up charged it for 5 min,turned it on and it looks like its fina start but gets stuck on the screen that says ANDROID . 1st screen is the manufactures name "SuperSonic" 2nd android dude Ina box...3rd is the loop of a constant image that says "ANDROID". I read some where could be charger not enough juice to complete the boot. Is that so? I tried to boot in recovery mode but it won't. Do I need be rooted 1st? Is their any hope?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones