• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Hardware issues

fet3214

Lurker
Dec 7, 2019
HI,

so I've bought an S3 from eBay advertised as new.
Obviously it is not the latest model but the phone is charging very slow, which I would not expect with a new phone. (I've also had it only one day)
In addition the browsers are constantly freezing and crashing the phone

When I took off the void sticker, no remnants were left behind to say void.

Is this what I should expect with an old model or is it possibly not new?

TIA

HI,

Obviously it is not the latest model but the phone is charging very slow, which I would not expect with a new phone. (I've also had it only one day)

TIA
keep in mind "new" is a relative term. it might not have never been used, but it is not new. the phone has been sitting on a shelf somewhere where the battery has been slowly discharging. a battery that old, even though it has not been used will still degrade. i'm not surprised you are having charging issues. you might want to look into trying a battery replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet and Hadron
Upvote 0
HI,

TIA
i would also like to add that in this day and age old phones like these are really only good for communication purposes only. most apps these are more robust and requires higher specs. to really have a good functioning phone that can run apps, use the internet as well as make phone calls and texts needs at least 3gb of ram and 32gb of storage.

.......so do not expect out of this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones