• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help s4 active touch screen problem please help

A

Android Question

Hello,
I am having a problem with my s4 active. The screen/led was replaced and works fine. When I'm at the home screen everything works normally. I can push the phone/internet/address book buttons without issue. But if I use instagram I cannot push the bottom row of buttons (instagram tools). If I try to use the vertical keyboard I cannot use the bottom row (no space bar/delete buttons). It seems like the lcd works normal at the desktop but if I open an app or keyboard, the bottom 1/4 inch of the screen doesn't work.
I did a hard reset twice and cleared the catch for I and Samsung keyboard and it didn't do anything

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated

It sounds hardware if you've reset twice and it's still an issue.

Silly question (and the answer is probably yes), but does the same thing happen when you turn the device in to landscape mode? is the same area of the screen defective?

I'll move this to the Active forum, the guys there might be able to offer some alternative suggestions.

Upvote 0
It sounds hardware if you've reset twice and it's still an issue.

Silly question (and the answer is probably yes), but does the same thing happen when you turn the device in to landscape mode? is the same area of the screen defective?

I'll move this to the Active forum, the guys there might be able to offer some alternative suggestions.

Thanks for the reply ( I am the OP)
and yes when I flip to landscape it's still the bottom 1/4 above the buttons

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones