• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung A03 Core - reboot issue

Old Geezer

Lurker
Apr 17, 2022
I have a Samsung A03 core lite, following software update, the home screen is stuck on "Android Recovery > Reboot system now

No matter how many times I "reboot now" it's stuck on the home screen

I've tried "wipe data/factory rest" on reboot, the home screen is stuck on "Android recovery"

Message on the home screen: E: Cannot log to file /dev/fscklogs/log

Any help please?

it sounds like a bad update install.

probably will have to re-flash your firmware.

go here:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

enter your exact model and download and flash the firmware update. make sure that you use the correct firmware as it will need to be exact. flashing the wrong firmware could soft brick your phone.

Upvote 0
I think the OP's phone has a boot process error and that's just some generic Linux-level error. It's failing during boot with that error:

E: Cannot log to file /dev/fscklogs/log

This is in regards to FSCK, aka File System Check. Possible internal storage/nand failure. Possible write error somewhere. This is a generic, kernel-level Linux/UNIX style error message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones