• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Dex Home using battery

Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
US
To start off, I am very happy with my battery life. Overnight usage with Wi-Fi and location on is still absurdly low (see attachments).
Usage during the day is very good, however I am puzzled by the relative overnight usage by "Samsung Dex Home". I don't use it and I have in fact used a Package Disabler to actually disable this service to no avail. It still shows up during overnight stages. (See attachment). It's no big deal but kinda interesting and puzzling. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20170507-051652.png
Screenshot_20170505-042256.png

I don't own a dex station but a factory reset after which you shouldn't touch the package anymore might be the only way to resolve your bug. Because nothing is supposed to happen with dex unless you hook up the actual hardware to your phone.

Also, this will probably be of no help at all, but the built in app power monitor solved all my troubles with apps using too much battery in the background so far. Perhaps give that a try first?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones