• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy grand prime sm-530az

slgdad

Apr 9, 2014
Does anyone know how to root this phone? It's a cricket Samsung galaxy grand prime sm-530az running Android 4.4.4.. I tried kingroot and towelroot and framaroot and nothing is working. I seen that the sm-530n and h. are having no problems with root with Odin. But is that the same file and root method for the cricket Samsung grand prime? Is the 530h and N the same as the az?? If anyone could help me or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully 
N
I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
(remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet 

The zip archive contains:
Odin v3.07
2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone 

Edit:
Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...

Reactions: Amber02
Upvote 0
Finally i rooted my new Grand Prime successfully 
N
I so desparately wanted to root my new Grand Prime so I tried rooting by myself as it wasn't available by chainfire.

I haven't done much here, I just modified few files of CF-Auto-Root which was made for different device by chainfire.

Couldn't attach the file here as the size is 44MB

Download it from here: h t t p : / / d - h . s t / AWH
(remove spaces in the above link)

sad i'm not allowed to post links here yet 

The zip archive contains:
Odin v3.07
2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5
1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Rooting method is simple.

Boot device into download mode and flash the first file: 2_cache_recovery_stock_mohan_sm-g530h.md5

Wait for the device to reboot and again boot into download mode and flash the second file: 1_cfroot_sm-g530h_mohan.tar.md5

Now after the device has finished reboot you can see SuperSU installed. Open it and it will ask to disable knox notification... Press Cancel.

If SuperSU asks for su binary update, just press the Normal button.

Hope this helps someone 

Edit:
Sorry guys, something went wrong while renaming the flash files. I have updated the above link which now works... Thanks...
Will this work on 5.1.1? I tried king root and it locked my phone on reboot..after it changed the binary and kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones