• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy note 10.1

That's Samsung for you ... I sometimes think they have a whole department in charge of confusing names and model numbers. ;)

Okay, I have the SM-P600 which is the 10" version of yours, but pretty much the same thing. While there is no easy way to determine what the update is, I just looked up the firmware on Sammobile and it looks like your tablet stopped at 5.02. I'd have to think the the update, because of its size and that there are no more system updates, is a security patch. Odd that it would come through now. Is your tablet 4G or wifi-only? It might be a security patch pushed out by your carrier.

If you haven't rooted the tablet and the update shows the default Samsung notification, then I'd guess you're probably safe to apply it.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
No everything I have downloaded has come from the play store as far as I am aware.

Looking at the app info, the force stop and disable buttons are disabled as is move to SD card and clear data (using the hold press method you suggested)

I found another thread on a malware forum with the same issue but no more info really, although that was a phone not a tablet.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/top...ware-update-cannot-remove-it-for-some-reason/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones