• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Keyboard not predicting text

Riaan

Lurker
Jan 15, 2018
Hi, [SOLUTION FOUND: SEE POST BELOW]

I have had my Samsung S4-mini for over a year now. I use its Samsung keyboard to type into my apps and planner.

I mostly type a language other than English, and over the past year the keyboard has learned quickly to predict the words of that language (Afrikaans), with its Predictive Text function.

In November of last year, I installed the Uber app on my phone. Almost immediately after installing Uber, my keyboard had lost of all of the Afrikaans vocabulary. In the past few months, it hasn't learned to predict any of the Afrikaans words, even with the Predictive Text enabled.

I have updated Uber, but that didn't solve anything. It is an app that I use frequently, so I can't remove it.

Any help to solve this is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
I found the solution on another forum.

Got to SETTINGS > MY DEVICE < LANGUAGE AND INPUT. Make sure that both your languages in LANGUAGE and INPUT LANGUAGES are the same (you will find INPUT LANGUAGES when you click on the SETTINGS icon next to SAMSUNG KEYBOARD.

Click on the settings tool icon beside the Samsung keyboard. Click PREDICTIVE TEXT off then back on.

Click on the word PREDICTIVE TEXT - not on the green slider button - and scroll down to and click on LEARN FROM MESSAGING and LEARN FROM CONTACTS.

Restart your phone, that should hopefully do the trick.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones