• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Secure Folder alternative

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
Hope this is easy. I'm currently using Secure Folder to store app. I suspect all know the apps aren't really secure. I can swipe up on my phone to see apps, type "simplisafe" or "MyQ' in the search bar, and access the app. Yes, the person holding my phone has to know I'm using Simplisafe, but my point is, Secure Folder isn't actually secure.
Is there a n alternative to Secure Folder that actually secures my apps?

ok so after doing some research, you are correct in that the secure folder can add apps to the folder. it is not a shortcut, but it will be a copy of the app installed directly to the secure folder. if you do not want anybody to see the app, then you will need to uninstall the app from your phone and then install the app directly to the secure folder.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Is there a way to hide Secure Folder?
Is there an alternative way to hide apps, preferably also hiding them from the swipe up/down apps list. Yeah, I'm paranoid

If you use Nova launcher you can rename the app and change the icon. Then if someone looks at your apps they can't find it unless they know what you changed it to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones