• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Tab A 8.0 2017 & USB Keyboard

I recently purchased a generic USB keyboard/folio for my Samsung Tab A (2017) SM-T380.

The keyboard came with a micro USB to USB type C adapter plug to suit my Tablet.

I can't get it to work. I surmised that, either, there was a problem with the supplied adapter plug (micro usb to type c USB) or there is some sort of software setting in the Tab A that I've overlooked that is preventing the keyboard from working.

I purchased a second micro usb to type c adapter plug today and tested it without success, so I'm thinking either a software setting is the culprit or the Tab simply won't allow me to use a USB keyboard with it. The Tab runs Android version 7.1.1

I have tried the keyboard (without the adapter) with my SGS7 and it works fine.

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, was there a software solution to it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones