• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SAMSUNG Z FOLD

My samsung z fold 2 is 10 months old and cost in excess of a grand ,last tuesday the screen kept going blocky and then the phone went off, so i contacted samsung and it went to tnt for repair , they informed me that the hinge was damaged now i know that phone has never been dropped and been in a tough rubber case with the factory screen protector still on they said the hinge had impact damage so my warranty was void i asked for the pictures of damage and there is 4 small marks on the back of the hinge were it says samsung across it that is were the cover cant protect as it is a hinge ,after a lot of phonetime to samsung i had to pay the 99 quid to repair the phone , so beware buying any flip or fold samsung phone if there is any marks or scratches on the hinge the warranty is void , ironically that is the part you cannot get a cover for as it is a hinge.

Reactions: ocnbrze
My samsung z fold 2 is 10 months old and cost in excess of a grand ,last tuesday the screen kept going blocky and then the phone went off, so i contacted samsung and it went to tnt for repair , they informed me that the hinge was damaged now i know that phone has never been dropped and been in a tough rubber case with the factory screen protector still on they said the hinge had impact damage so my warranty was void i asked for the pictures of damage and there is 4 small marks on the back of the hinge were it says samsung across it that is were the cover cant protect as it is a hinge ,after a lot of phonetime to samsung i had to pay the 99 quid to repair the phone , so beware buying any flip or fold samsung phone if there is any marks or scratches on the hinge the warranty is void , ironically that is the part you cannot get a cover for as it is a hinge.
that is why you spend the money to get something like this:
https://www.spigen.com/collections/...-2-case-slim-armor-pro?variant=40138341122095
zfold_2.jpg

which has protection for the hinge. i have one for my z fold 3.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones