• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Save pictures from Facebook to phone gallery?

tommy_ed

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2010
Couldn't find anything relevant through search for this, hoping you guys can help a returning android user out ;)

I've been on iPhone for the past year and just got the DNA. I've always had Android, and I've usually been able to long press on a photo on Facebook and a "save image" option will appear, but it doesn't do it on this phone, and it doesn't have any options to do it in the menu. Am I missing something? :eek:

I had read something along those lines when I was searching around for a solution, seems like a real pain in the ass to do something that used to be so simple. The only way I've been able to do it is by pressing the "share" option and sharing it to Evernote, then I have to open the Evernote app and save it to the gallery from there. But it's still a lot of steps. I wonder if there is an app that allows you to do this? And also wonder why Google would remove such a handy feature in the first place...

Upvote 0
To save the photo first display it in Facebook. Then tap the three dots in the top right and choose "Save Photo."

Now to find it on your phone.

I'm running Android 5.0.1. Here's how it works for me.

1. From "Applications" open "My Files."

2. Open "Device Storage."

3. Open "DCIM."

4. Open "Facebook"

There they are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones