• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scammed by Phandroid after Winning LG V30 Giveaway

rthom014

Oct 6, 2017
I won the LG V30 contest held by Phandroid and Joe Fedewa, but what should have been a happy moment has quickly become incredibly sour.

It's been almost 6 months since the contest was held and I won it, but I STILL haven't received my prize. I've reached out several times for answers but I've gotten no information. Chris Chavez said that I would definitely receive the phone, but it was a question of when. That question still hasn't been answered 6 months after the contest, which is absolutely unacceptable!

Phandroid now has my contact information, which is a huge privacy issue. They have my home address and I have nothing to show for it. To make matters worse, after checking Joe's social media, he is still using an LG V30, which I suspect is the model I was promised!

An ex Phandroid writer reached out to me on Twitter after I recently tweeted to Phandroid about this scam (which received no response - big surprise!) and the writer told me that this has happened before and that about half of all the contest winners never received their prizes! How can Phandroid host a contest and promise something and never deliver, especially when presumably the contests are backed by these phone manufacturers?!

I'm writing this post as a warning to others who engage in contests hosted by the creators of Phandroid. I'm also writing this post as an opportunity for Phandroid and Rob Jackson to hopefully correct this issue and to provide the prize that was promise. Otherwise, I will have to resort to contacting the Better Business Bureau and possible legal action.

Reactions: bcrichster

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones