• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Brightness

merchantm

Lurker
Jul 6, 2011
Hi,

When I go to settings to try to change the level of brightness, this is greyed out and cannot be selected.

I have tried tuning the auto brightness on/off but nothing doing.

I can however adjust brightness by swiping the top bar (the one with the time, battery etc on it).

Any ideas? Am I just missing something blindingly obvious?

Hi,

When I go to settings to try to change the level of brightness, this is greyed out and cannot be selected.

I have tried tuning the auto brightness on/off but nothing doing.

I can however adjust brightness by swiping the top bar (the one with the time, battery etc on it).

Any ideas? Am I just missing something blindingly obvious?
Hello and welcome to the forum merchantm. :)

You can only use the Status bar to adjust screen brightness (press, hold for a moment and then slide your finger backwards and forwards on the Status bar to adjust brightness) if Automatic brightness is deselected in Settings > Display > Brightness as Automatic brightness overrides manual settings.

When I untick Automatic brightness I can then use the manual bar setting to adjust brightness... as well as using the Staus bar in any screen.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones