• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Issue - Jumping Around and Occassionally Unresponsive

gordonfink

Sep 11, 2013
Just picked up a second hand S4 Active. At times, the screen gets jumpy. It looks as though you are trying to swipe between screens, but it wobbles back and forth between two, and usually gets stuck halfway. Also, it will at times go unresponsive. Touching the power button to turn the screen off, then turning it back on with power or home, fixes it. I don't actually have to turn the phone off, just the screen.

I am going to take it apart to see if there are any signs of corrosion, and make sure the LCD connector is tight. I really don't think it has water damage, because the stickers are white. I suppose they could have been replaced.

I saw some youtube things that said a swelled battery could be the culprit, but the battery is not swelled at all.

Any ideas on this? It's a flicker - it jumps around. Turning the screen off and on fixes it, so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Thanks much.

Should have added - it's on stock 4.4.2, if that matters.

edit: took it apart - no signs of water damage. I cleaned the connectors anyway, and it may be slightly better, but it still does it randomly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones