• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen timeout

Carguy8888

May 6, 2012
Hi Everybody,
After upgrading to an S20 via T mobile, I find two things really annoying. First, the longest duration to keep the screen on is 10 minutes? I listen to music at work, after a couple of songs I am constantly turning the screen back on.
I can't turn off the Galaxy themes which I guess is a screen saver. Ty in advance.

One thing to keep in mind when you install third-party apps to customize your phone is if you get to a point where your phone become unmanageable it might be best so cut back on just installing apps on a whim. In this instance, if you're going to install a utility to prevent your screen from sleeping and you're not aware it's doing just what it's designed to do, think of alternative solutions.
I'd suggest you let your phone's display go to sleep, it's better for battery life, and instead use a more functional, and more feature rich media player app like VLC or MXPlayer Pro that will continue to play in the background whether the screen is active or in its sleep mode.

Upvote 0
Another idea if you can keep your phone on charge while listening to it is to use the Stay Awake feature in Developers Options.

Screenshot_20211112-193958.png

This will keep the screen on whenever the device is connected to a charger.

No worries of the screen staying on in your pocket, or a dead battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones