• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screenshot busted

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I don't know how but this crazy ZTE Z813 Fanfare 2 has opened on the right side. It probably fell when I wasn't looking. Anyway, I can't take screenshots. If I try to do the off/volume down combo, it just shuts off the phone. Is there any way around that?

If it is physically damaged then repair is the only actual solution.

There are apps that can give you shortcuts for screenshots - LeeDroid's Shortcutter app lets you add a screenshot button to the quick settings pulldown if you want, and there are many others in the play store. But personally I'd say damage to the buttons is more important.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I don't know how to repair it but I do know where to get a set of cellphone tools. Since it cost $27, the phone, it might not be worth it. Anyway, I tried to download the Shortcutter apk from 3 different sources and they all said there was an error parsing the package. What does that mean?

Reactions: KBU2
Upvote 0
That the apk is corrupt or not compatible with your phone.

It's easy to tell: if it's not compatible it won't show up in the Play Store app on your phone. Or go to play.google.com in a browser, find the app, then sign in: it will tell you whether it is compatible with any of your devices. BTW I just checked and it requires Android 7 or higher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones