• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PattiCakeUS

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
How's the service with t-mobile? I'm thinking of leaving Sprint & going to t-mobile but I don't know if their service is really any better? It's always so hard to tell from the coverage maps & other websites.

And how is their customer service? This weekend I stopped into a store & was talking to a rep there, I had to educate him about the new plan that had started a few days earlier. I never can tell if reps really don't know, or are trying to sell a higher priced plan.

In my area it's great, as for instore reps I know that I was paid more for pushing higher plans so disregard in store anything these days. On the phone holy crap it's great on Twitter holy crap it's great. A couple months ago I was on the phone with a T-Mobile rep discussing pain points and they called me I was on the call for 45 mins with a live person and it was a great conversation. I never had that with Sprint . so if you wish to take the plunge you can test drive the network for a week as well

Upvote 0
Agree w/Kate.

For my area, T-Mobile blew Sprint away. Hands down.

Also, my co-workers have 2 Sprint Note 4's and their coverage was always spotty in our building.

I have no issues. (I'm on MetroPCS now but that's T-Mobile towers and still better than Sprint)

I said goodbye to PRL/Profile updates, 20 kbps speeds lol, and postpaid contracts.

But again, ask around of people in your area. Look on Sensorly or the carrier coverage maps to give you a general idea.

Customer service? They seem all the same to me. Nothing stands out to be honest. I did use T-Mobile chat alot and was able to avoid having to call them most of the time

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
Oh I've been polling people in my area, I was also curious in general what I'd hear so posted here, too. I've also looked at sensorly but as I said, sometimes it's hard to really tell from the maps & websites. Overall it sounds pretty positive around my area, I'm basically trying to talk myself out of it, lol.

I just really want a cool new phone [emoji14] - & as long as that means it's going to cost me $ I thought I might switch. I'm 99% sure I'll get a phone this week & just wait to see how my service is before porting my number over.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
+1 to all previous answers. You're doing great by switching to gsm...and Tmo is the best carrier**...
If you ever travel overseas, both your new phone type and carrier will serve you very well.

×× as long as you're not in a Tmo dead area and maybe to boot fairly dependent on significant amounts of fast data.
So try to also remember, besides the obvious home/school/work, any other place you go to for a day or two on occasion.
This latter is the case with me...and to boot WiFi is pretty much nonexistent. ..makes me feel very Neanderthalish.
Calls and texts are never a problem because of roaming and what not, but email, many apps, and internet...forget about it.
It's not enough to warrant switching carriers, but It's something to always keep in mind and plan around for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones