• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sharing app as sdk instead of apk file to integrate in an existing app

Well if someone has the source code etc then at some level the answer to whether they can be integrated has to be "yes". The question is how much work is involved and how coherent will the result be? If they were written by the same person with a coherent style this may be straightforward, and if the authors do things in completely different ways it will be a lot more work. But I'd suggest that you start by deciding how you want the intergrated app to look and work and then see how you can use the resources you have (source etc) to achieve that. If integrating requires a lot of changes to one (or both) that will be less work in the long term than botching them together and then trying to keep that botch maintained and updated.

(BTW there's nothing android-specific in anything I've said here: I'm treating this as a general software problem).

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Not really, as I don't understand the question. You have all of the resources to build the app (as it's your app), so you can just share them with whoever you want. How you do that is up to you: put them all in a tarball and email them, or post a link to a file sharing service, or if you use something like github give the other person access to that. Whatever works best for the two of you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones