• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sharing files with Samsung Tab 4

shmn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2011
WA State
Anyone here have a Tab 4 (4.4.2)in addition to their S4(4.2.2)? Why is trying to share files between the two devices so darn difficult? Both are rooted.

The S4 has S-beam but it doesn't seem to work with the Tab 4. The Tab 4 has "Connect and Share" but the S4 doesn't show up as a nearby device. Both have NFC, both are on the same wireless network.

I tried using ES Files Explorer LAN feature. I can use this to connect to my desktop and laptop from both the phone and tablet but I can't seem to connect them to each other.

I do not want to upload to the cloud and then download to the the other device. I don't want a third, intermediary device. There should be an easy way to do a direct, wireless transfer files between two Samsung products that came out a year apart. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones