• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shocking from bottom slit

wileki

Lurker
Feb 26, 2016
The right hand slot, (I have no idea what we are supposed to use those slots for), is where my little finger naturally rests when holding the Pixel 6 Pro. Even in its case, it sends out an electrical shock each time a new message arrives or other activities occur with the phone.
Pretty sure it is not static electricity and I don't think it would kill anybody but it sure is annoying.
Anybody else notice such? Is it normal?
(And what are those three slots for anyway? Is there a plug you can insert to cover them?)

The right hand slot, (I have no idea what we are supposed to use those slots for), is where my little finger naturally rests when holding the Pixel 6 Pro. Even in its case, it sends out an electrical shock each time a new message arrives or other activities occur with the phone.
Pretty sure it is not static electricity and I don't think it would kill anybody but it sure is annoying.
Anybody else notice such? Is it normal?
(And what are those three slots for anyway? Is there a plug you can insert to cover them?)

I can help a little. First, getting a shock is not normal under any circumstance. You have a bad phone. Of the three bottom slots, the right side is a loud speaker. When playing music you can feel the air moving with the sound. The middle is a USB C slot for all connections. I believe the left slot is a microphone(but I'm not positive of this one) No matter what they are, you should not be getting shocked!

Upvote 0
I can help a little. First, getting a shock is not normal under any circumstance. You have a bad phone. Of the three bottom slots, the right side is a loud speaker. When playing music you can feel the air moving with the sound. The middle is a USB C slot for all connections. I believe the left slot is a microphone(but I'm not positive of this one) No matter what they are, you should not be getting shocked!

Here is the proof:
Screenshot_20220209-201552.png

Upvote 0
Are you positive it is a shock, and not haptic feedback (a quick vibration?)

Although these devices have batteries that have enough amperage to kill (it really does not take much amperage to do so), the voltage is supposed to be so low that any shock would be extremely rare if possible at all.

Think of it this way:
a normal car battery has hundreds of times more amperage, and 2 or 3 times the voltage- yet you can put a hand on each terminal and not get a shock.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. A shock from the speaker when there is a sharp burst of sound. I put a piece of electrical tape over the speaker inside the protective case. But it's a work phone so I'm going to return it.

Are you positive that you are not just feeling sonic vibrations from the sound?
My guess is that you have the volume turned all the way up.
In such a case, the sound can be strong enough that you can actually feel it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones