• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I use Cydia substrate?

IHaveAnAndriod

Dec 10, 2013
I was an iPhone user at one point in time and I want to know if I should get cydia substrate? I had it on my iPhone and the tweaks and apps they had were great! I'm wondering if I should get it again or should I not. I really don't know what to do! I'm wondering if they have the same nice apps as they had on the iPhone

I don't know what a Cydia substrate would be? Are you talking about apps that require you to be rooted? There's no separate app store for those, you can download them from Google Play. Xposed framework allows for something close to that.

Yes. I'm talking about the Cydia Substrate app in the app store. I remember how the Cydia app function on the app store and I want to know if it was the same on the app store

Upvote 0
Cydia Substrate doesn't do anything on its own, it allows developers to modify apps on the fly. Its similar to Xposed, but I honestly haven't heard anything about cydia substrate in over a year. Likely because Xposed is what was adopted by the community.

As this is a root topic, I'm going to move this on over to the ATR area of the forum :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Cydia Substrate doesn't do anything on its own, it allows developers to modify apps on the fly. Its similar to Xposed, but I honestly haven't heard anything about cydia substrate in over a year. Likely because Xposed is what was adopted by the community.

As this is a root topic, I'm going to move this on over to the ATR area of the forum :thumbup:

I've used XPOSED before and i see that they have a catlog of apps that are available through there app, but most of the tweaks dont seem useful to me. Are there repos that I Am suppose to download to get more tweak. Or are the only tweak they offer are avaliable through the app?

Nexus 5 (16GB)
Custom Rom: Paraniod version 4.6 BETA 1
Android Software Version: 4.4.4 KitKat

Upvote 0
I've used XPOSED before and i see that they have a catlog of apps that are available through there app, but most of the tweaks dont seem useful to me. Are there repos that I Am suppose to download to get more tweak. Or are the only tweak they offer are avaliable through the app?

Nexus 5 (16GB)
Custom Rom: Paraniod version 4.6 BETA 1
Android Software Version: 4.4.4 KitKat

You can get almost anything through XPosed on that stock ROM that is included in a custom ROM.

If you are on a custom ROM, that kind of nullifies the purpose of xposed. I wouldnt use both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones