• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root signature verification failed when SU zip installed(SOLVED)

hey i recently used odin to get CWM and then i procceeded t try and root using shabbypenguins guide ...i followed all the instructions as best as i could, and when i went to install the zip it starts up for a sec.. then a red message saying signature verification failed:thinking: not sure what im doing wrong here but anything will help!!!!!

thanks

CP:thinking::thinking:

SOLVEDD!

Does it actually say ClockworkMod Recovery? There are several threads regarding installing clockwork. The biggest problem people have is allowing the phone to reboot before actually getting into the new recovery. The stock recovery will be reinstalled if you allow the phone to boot up. If you are getting 'signature verification failed' then I'm willing to bet this is the case with your phone.

This thread will likely help with your problem.

http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/734114-samsung-galaxy-rush-cwm-issue.html

Reactions: codester0869
Upvote 0
Does it actually say ClockworkMod Recovery? There are several threads regarding installing clockwork. The biggest problem people have is allowing the phone to reboot before actually getting into the new recovery. The stock recovery will be reinstalled if you allow the phone to boot up. If you are getting 'signature verification failed' then I'm willing to bet this is the case with your phone.

This thread will likely help with your problem.

http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/734114-samsung-galaxy-rush-cwm-issue.html

Well I think that is my problem I did let it reboot , I guess cwmr was lost so I guess I'll have to wait till next weekend till I can get back in a pc and try again... but if I do get it to go to cwmr and install su.zip ut should work? .... thank you

Upvote 0
Yes. That is correct
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... so much lol..... it took me about 3 or 4 battery pulls but i was very persistant and got it to take CWM ...installeddd the .zip and everything worked.. just did not get prompeted to reset recovery or whatever it was just reboooted then said android updating and supersu was there i downloaded RTBP (rom toolbox pro) from jrummy (great all in one ,well worth $5) and it aked for permissions...all went well... thanks again i am very pleased to be rooted ....

moral of the story : if at first u dont succeed try, try again.... at least 4 times !!!!!! hahaha thanks uu guys are awesome!!!!!

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
After the latest update of the tablet's firmware, when flash cwm and boot into recovery to install the .zip files, "E:signature verification failed" error happen.
Solution: When you flash cwm with odin, DISABLE auto-reboot. After flash is finished, do not reboot, but go into recovery mode. Now you can flash root zip with signature verification on/off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones