• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple mobile locked my Galaxy s4!?!

Hey everyone. I had a unlocked Galaxy s4 and I was transferring service and porting my number over to at&t.

Phone was originally a gsm unlocked phone and was originally an at&t phone.

As I was on the phone with at&t the line cuts off and just before I was told that the line would cut out by the representative.. I was told to put in the new sim card and I should good to go.

I look at my current (simple mobile) sim card and it now says no sim, I put in the new sim card from at&t and it says "no sim". I begin trying H20, t-mobile and even a verizon for the hell of it. All say "no sim" Finally I try a brand new simple mobile and it reads.

When I took the phone into at&t and talked to simple mobile I was told that I broke the sim card slot. Now after seeing it work with only simple mobile sim cards I see that this is not the case.

Can anyone help me or do you have suggestions on how to unlock my phone from simple mobile? I have called them and they say the same crap. "we don't lock phones or unlock phones, I have never heard of this issue. At&t says it is a simple mobile issue. Simple mobile says there is nothing we can do" .....but I feel like they don't really understand the problem. No one understands the issue at all over there. I have factory reset the phone and nothing has worked.

If you have any advice please let me know. Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones