• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small smartphone

KathyJM

Jan 16, 2012
UK
Smartphones keep getting bigger, but I've got dainty paws and I keep dropping mine. For me, my old HTC Desire was the perfect size. Nowadays I have a tablet that I use more than the phone.

Is there a smaller smartphone still available, but with more memory than older models?

Sony still make compact smartphones (4.6" screen, about 65mm wide). The Xperia X Compact is almost a year old, and there are rumours that its replacement will be announced in a few weeks' time.

Up until the X Compact they have been near flagship specs in a small phone, and it's rumoured that they will return to that. The X Compact has a mid-range processor and lacked the waterproofing of Sony flagships, so if those matter to you it might be worth waiting until the end of the month to see what is announced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones