• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Snapchat Video Recording Issue

Greetings,

Ever since I rooted my Samsung Galaxy rush (4.1.2), the app Snapchat is able to receive pictures and videos, and send pictures; however, I cannot send any video.

When I hold the button down to record and let it go, instead of letting me send, it keeps on saying "Video recording failed". My regular Camera app records video just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-M

p.s. That happens when the Snapchat is either in the internal memory or linked to the sdcard.

None of those fixes work. Have had the issue where when I record with snapchat, front or back camera, it playsback as black screen and no sound. I try to save to camera roll or memories and the video is corrupted. Have had this issue since upgrading to later versions of lollipop. Issue still persists on all versions of Marshmallow so far. Older versions of snapchat does not fix issue

Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4GB (latest firmware and software)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones