• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLVED]Battery going down fast

M

Member2034759

Hello, my battery is going down really fast. The smartphone is a Xiaomi Redmi 4X with the latest system update installed. I always clear my applications and keep Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS off. I ran the phone's built-in battery scanner and it found no issues. What could be causing this battery drainage?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the capacity of your battery?
The capacity of my battery is 4100 mAh.
"fast" is relative. Does it drop consistently and get warm in the process? Dose it all of a sudden lose 50% of it's charge? If this is something that just started happening, then I'd look either to a recently installed app that's got a process stuck on, or a failing battery.
I haven't noticed if it gets warm because I have a sillicone case and even if it did get warm I wouldn't notice. It doesn't suddenly lose 50% of its charge

Upvote 0
I would recommend using an app like Accubattery or Gsam to monitor the battery usage for a couple of days.
I ran GSAM with adb, and this is the result:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-12-087_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-12-087_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-29-714_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-29-714_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-41-215_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-09-13-36-41-215_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
Doesn't matter, the play store has to always have services running to authenticate apps, so it will show as the the play store app in your running apps and power usage. You might have an update that's continually trying to apply or download. My advice is to update those apps, then reboot your phone to see if it makes a difference.

Reactions: Member2034759
Upvote 0
Doesn't matter, the play store has to always have services running to authenticate apps, so it will show as the the play store app in your running apps and power usage. You might have an update that's continually trying to apply or download. My advice is to update those apps, then reboot your phone to see if it makes a difference.
After applying the updates and rebooting the battery lasts longer now. Initially I thought it was malware causing this, but now I don't think so. I have ESET(the paid version) installed, as well as Malwarebytes and none of them had found malware.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
My Redmi 4X sometimes got very warm for no reason. The battery was new and original. I noticed that it happened when I used this all the time with no rest in between, and immediately charged the device. To resolve this, I closed all apps, switch off, let the device to cool for like 1 hour. Then used it again or charged the battery. Somehow it solved the problem...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones