• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Solved] Bricked device

Hello, my device is stuck in a bootloop, and can't get into recovery mode. The OEM is not unlocked in the Developer Settings, so trying to unlock it by using fastboot flashing unlock doesn't work. I don't know if there's anything I can do, but if there is I'd like to know

Basically:

-Stuck in a bootloop
-Can't access recovery mode
-The OEM is LOCKED

If you can't access recovery (to perform a factory reset and/or potentially sideload an OTA image) and you can't unlock the bootloader then I'm afraid you're kind of out of options.

Being unable to access recovery generally suggests a hardware storage problem anyway. You'll need to have the phone repaired or replaced.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
If you can't access recovery (to perform a factory reset and/or potentially sideload an OTA image) and you can't unlock the bootloader then I'm afraid you're kind of out of options.

Being unable to access recovery generally suggests a hardware storage problem anyway. You'll need to have the phone repaired or replaced.

Yeah, that's what I assumed, just wanted to make sure.

You may lock this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones