• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sorry this video cannot be played..?

Im trying to put some mp4 movies into my sd card for my moment, after i unmount my usb, and i click the video icon for the movie, it says "sorry this video cannot be played" i thought it's suppose to play mp4 and or h.264 type files? what can i do to solve this..?

download meridian (free app) or wuzhenplayer (free app (spelling may be off)). those two media players pretty much handle most formats.

Upvote 0
Okay im using meridian, i see the mp4 video i put in there on videos, and in green under file name it says its playable, but when i go to play the video, it says again "cannot play video"..??...

EDIT: just installed another video player app, it shows my video, but when i hit play screen goes completely black

i guess im stupid, i didnt reszie the video

Upvote 0
coworker23: I've never really tried resizing video, but in briefly looking at the Mac version of Handbrake, it has the options to do so. I assume the Windows and Linux versions have the same functionality.
Note: I tried upping the resolution of a select video, but the original format was as high as it would go (meaning I couldn't make it go any higher). So I assume trying to attain your 800x### to 840x### will not work, while the ###x600 to ###x480 will. I'm not even close to 90% certain of any of this, just what I discovered after a few minutes of tinkering with Handbrake's video settings.

If you're looking for an Android based video editor, I can't really help you. Never really tried looking. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'd say, a lot of the time, people try to play a format the Moment just can't play.

If it is a format it can play, but still won't play, I would say 9 times out of 10, it is the wrong resolution.
It has to be right.
1 point too much and it won't play it.
The phone doesn't have the ability to "make it fit" it is either right, or it isn't.
so before you put them on your phone, make sure you resize them appropriately.

as a side note, I have also see people have problems with videos that are too small too. I can't confirm it, but from what I've noticed, it has to be an even multiple of 800x600.
that means it won't play it if it is 4768300.
you can't multiply that by anything to get 800x600. so when the phone attempts to play it, it doesn't know where to put anything.
make sense?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones