• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound not playing at all in Sony Xperia XZ

yivensquare

Lurker
Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a Sony Xperia XZ which is already a few months old. A couple of days ago it fell from my hand on the ground and no physical damage could be seen. However, no sound can be produced at all, even with headphones. And even more strange, when I start a call the phone completely glitches out, doesn't respond and can't be turned off at all for something like 50 seconds. Is there something that can be done? I absolutely don't think Sony will get me a new one because it was my fault and obviously they don't have any responsibility. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Thanks for the response. But since it was my fault (it fell from my hand) will they accept the warranty still?
probably not on warranty, maybe if you had insurance on it should be no problem to get it replaced.....of course it depends on your plan (if you have insurance that is).

and yeah it seems more hardware related then software. if you want to make sure you can try and do a factory reset. if it is still there....then yes it is a hardware issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones