• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speakers switch off?

Hello there everyone,

I have always heard of Huawei phones and how they were taking over the market and getting good reviews. After owning a Samsung Alpha for around 2 years, I decided to join the Huawei family. I bought the highly reviewed P9 about 2 months ago. It has been running quite well, except for one problem: If I call someone, or put my earphone plug in the phone and then take them out, the phone does not switch back to the main speaker. Even after I hang up, the sound keeps coming out of the ear speaker. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Regards

Hello there everyone,
I have always heard of Huawei phones and how they were taking over the market and getting good reviews. After owning a Samsung Alpha for around 2 years, I decided to join the Huawei family. I bought the highly reviewed P9 about 2 months ago. It has been running quite well, except for one problem: If I call someone, or put my earphone plug in the phone and then take them out, the phone does not switch back to the main speaker. Even after I hang up, the sound keeps coming out of the ear speaker. Is anyone familiar with this problem?
Regards

Are you saying that music is playing from the ear speaker after hanging up your phone?

Here's an app as a workaround for now if you don't find a solution. It lets you redirect your audio to any speaker in the phone. I tried it myself but wouldn't give my top rating. But being that you're in a need of it, i would suggest you try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones