• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi, over the last two days my Note 4 has started to delay by several seconds the response to waking the phone by pressing the home key, before this it was instantaneous, I pressed the home key and it immediately went to the home screen, it only happens when waking the phone, I have not added any apps or altered any settings, has anyone come across this before or any suggestions please. Phil

Hi Phil,

The only time I have seen this was when I got an update to my weather widget that switched the CPU of the phone into overdrive and it didn't have time to answer my interrupt. Did Google play update something on your phone automatically? Also, have you noticed your phone running hotter than normal?

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0
Hi Phil,

The only time I have seen this was when I got an update to my weather widget that switched the CPU of the phone into overdrive and it didn't have time to answer my interrupt. Did Google play update something on your phone automatically? Also, have you noticed your phone running hotter than normal?

Regards,
Eric.
Hi Eric, I have my phone set to not auto update from the Play Store, I haven't noticed it getting hotter. Phil

Upvote 0
Hi Phil,

Another day another thought: You could try booting the phone into safe mode and see if you still experience the lag. If this solves the problem then you know it is an installed application that is at fault. You may also want to install a good anti malware tool just to make sure that it is not a virus that is keeping your phone busy.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones