• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck in bootloop

My device galaxy s3 mini stuck in boot loop
When I installed philz recovery and tapped on reboot to recovery it booted into philz
After that when I tapped reboot to system in philz it powered off and again it booted to philz
When I connect the charger cord it boots to philz
Please help me
How to fix it

Did you install a recovery built for your particular device? How did you install it? (That may not help me, as I'm not a Samsung expert, but may help someone else).

Booting into recovery no matter what suggests that there's a real problem with the ROM - possibly that it was somehow corrupted during the recovery installation. Hence my questions above.

I might take a backup using recovery now, just because that would give you a backup of your data (I assume Philz can selectively restore just some partitions - as I say, not a Samsung expert). There's an outside chance that wiping cache will fix it, or a factory reset (hence importance of having a backup if possible), but you may need to reflash the ROM (a copy of the current one or a custom ROM of your choice). If you installed the recovery in order to use custom ROMs then installing a ROM now may be your solution.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Hi
I only run the stock Rom but it's rooted
Not any problem
After that I flashed the Philz img with twrp official app I booted with three key method it worked
And I rebooted the device
After some days I rebooted it to recovery through twrp official app then when I tried to reboot the device to system it boots only into recovery

As I explained I first thread
Any other ways

Upvote 0
OK, well that is actually a bit different from your first post. There are some new facts here:

1) you used the TWRP app to install Philz (I've never done that - fastboot flash always seemed safer to me)
2) it worked for a few days afterwards, even after rebooting.
3) it only broke when you used the TWRP app to reboot into recovery.

What you've not said is what you did when you were in recovery, before you tried to reboot to Android and found you couldn't. That might be the important thing.

Otherwise second is very significant. From your first post I'd assumed that you flashed recovery and the phone was broken straight away, but that doesn't seem to be the case. You are certain that the Philz image you used was for this exact model of phone though? Just want to be sure on that point, because if not it's likely to happen again.

So the implication is that it was using TWRP app to reboot into recovery which caused the problem, but that seems surprising unless there is some problem with the recovery. This is why I ask why you entered recovery and what you did there, because it may be something you did in recovery that caused the problem (and if the recovery was for a different device anything you did in it, even something that should be harmless, could have caused it, which is why I wanted to double check that point).

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
When you first rooted your S3 Mini, did you install Philz or TWRP as your Recovery? Those are two different projects, with active development for Philz ending a couple or years or so ago. Support for TWRP is still quite active though. Where you trying to switch to Philz using the TWRP app, or were you using Philz all along and just installed the TWRP app later? Either way you'd probably be better off not mix-and-matching like that using the TWRP app, or I've had good results with this flashing app, Rashr, when it comes to using different Recoveries.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools&hl=en_US

Anyway, last resort option is to just re-flash a Samsung stock ROM for your phone. This will return your S3 Mini to its original, un-rooted state but it should at least restore it to working condition again.
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=s3+mini&exact=1
Then just root it again, using one or the other Recovery.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones