• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck in Reboot Loop - Factory Reset failing

So I put my tablet on to charge last night, woke up this morning and it was stuck in an endless reboot loop. It gets as far as the Samsung logo, then reboots and does it all again. I have tried using Recovery Mode to clear the cache, with no change. I have attempted to factory reset, but I'm not actually given the option to confirm the reset. I select 'wipe data/factory reset,' then the menu closes, a bunch of white programming text scrolls up my screen with various versions of 'no such of file or directory,' then the menu reopens. I am never given the option to select 'Yes - wipe all data.' Halp!

Reactions: Milo Williamson
So I put my tablet on to charge last night, woke up this morning and it was stuck in an endless reboot loop. It gets as far as the Samsung logo, then reboots and does it all again. I have tried using Recovery Mode to clear the cache, with no change. I have attempted to factory reset, but I'm not actually given the option to confirm the reset. I select 'wipe data/factory reset,' then the menu closes, a bunch of white programming text scrolls up my screen with various versions of 'no such of file or directory,' then the menu reopens. I am never given the option to select 'Yes - wipe all data.' Halp!
Very odd man, I have the same tablet as you do.. Hmmm...

Upvote 0
Double check the text at the bottom to make sure it does *not* show "Data wipe complete". If that is there at the bottom, then the factory reset was performed successfully

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones