• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on Red eye

I need help with my Droid Maxx, I have had it almost 2 years but am not quite ready to upgrade. I was sitting at home this evening and started to download an app from the play store when it suddenly crashed. It rebooted on it's own but has been stuck on the red eye screen. I have pressed vol - and pwr until it resets itself but it keeps getting stuck in this mode. I have been trying to get it to boot into the menu and then go into safe mode or clear the cache but I can't get it to open up. It just keeps resetting and getting stuck when I try. I need to get pictures, apps and numbers off the phone still. Now, I'm sure someone will ask but I have tried to keep everything backed up through google play and verizon number backup but I don't know if my app data comes with the backups. Things like games that don't connect to a cloud to load the information and a notepad app that with some general information on it.

I don't know what else to do, please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones