• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sudden battery drops followed by plateaus

halfbeing

Aug 1, 2011
I replaced my LG G5 battery a few months ago. I got the replacement from the retailer recommended to me by the wholesailer recommended to me by LG when I asked them where to get a genuine battery, so the battery ought not to be a fake.

Recently I have found that I have had sudden drops in the reported battery level, sometimes several percentage points in a minute, followed by long periods where reportedly the battery is hardly being used at all. For instance in the screenshot below you can see a dramatic sudden drop in battery level, most of which happened after I rebooted the phone, followed by over an hour in which, reportedly and implausibly, only around one percentage point of battery got used.

Is this a battery problem or a phone problem?

szO58tj.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones