• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suddenly there is no 3g signal ANYWHERE.

MegaRat

Lurker
Apr 3, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums so sorry if I'm not all that great at saying needed information.

But anyways, just yesterday my phone suddenly stopped getting no 3g signal continuously. It worked fine in the morning and then suddenly it was gone. The 3g signal will pop occasionally and 1 or 2 bars will appear and dissapear as well. Has anyone had the same issue? I'd blame the update but it started doing this a few days after the update.

Thank you anyone that helps.

My area is Sacramento, California if that is needed. I've also updated my PRL and Profile, though trying o update PRL again gives me an error.

Ok, after trying and trying to update both,it finally did updated both my profile and PRL again. I now do get signal next to a window ... but it still jumps up and down from 0-2. But, that's the only place I can get signal. I move aywere else and the signal goes to 0. Ikm trying the texting method to see how long text messages take to arrive or send. Not woking very well.

Upvote 0
The 3G indicator and the signal bars are two separate things. It sounds like you are having a signal strength issue and only getting 0 to 2 bars if lucky and therefore your 3G will not connect (3G icon). How many bars of signal did you used to get in that same location? If you go to another location (miles away, where you know you should get a good signal) does your signal strength still suck? Maybe go to a Sprint store where there are other Epics and compare yours to those in regards to signal.

Upvote 0
Alright, after my phone "magically fixed itself one day", the same problem has happened again. I'm really getting tired of this. Sprint really has been getting worse and worse with every day I'm using their service.

I wish Wi-Fi would let me send texts and e-mails.

I think I'm going to call Sprint to complain about their service. I doubt it is my phone or the update anymore.

Upvote 0
We have this same issue, It started after the new update from sprint for connections optimizer, if u turn it off, it still looks for 4g connection even though 4g is off and wifi is on my phone, it drains the battery like crazy, plus reboots a lot now, will be taking it to sprint store to see if they can uninstall this update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones