• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Superbowl

Superbowl, watching? Rooting for? Final score?

• Rooting for :

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final score?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_20190203_164727.jpg
Who's going to be watching and what team are you rooting for?

Last edited:
low scoring defensive game
I'm not really a fan of football but will watch every now and again. I'm a huge baseball fan and a moderately huge hockey fan. No matter the game I'm watching I prefer a well played, close (pitchers duel) game. They are boring to some due to lack of action but it's much better than a big ol' blowout (even if 'my' team is winning).

Upvote 0
Outcome aside and teams notwithstanding, do you prefer a low scoring defensive game like last night? or an offensive slug-fest like last year with the Eagles?
Interesting question, and it gives me pause, because I thoroughly enjoyed last nights game. And the loss aside, last years game was exciting. I guess the right answer is I like watching great play, and last night two great defenses stymied two great offences. Which is far different from ineptitude (see Patriots, SB XX). The Pats and Rams offences didn't fail to execute as much as they were stopped. The level of play was still great...

...and I didn't see anyone eat horsesh!t. :p

Upvote 0
I prefer close games.

I have to say that in all the Super Bowls that Brady was in they were all within one score.

XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 Superdome (New Orleans) New England 20, St. Louis 17
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 Reliant Stadium (Houston) New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 Alltel Stadium (Jacksonville, Fla.) New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XLII Feb. 3, 2008 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New York Giants 17, New England 14
XLVI Feb. 5, 2012 Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis) New York Giants 21, New England Patriots 17
XLIX Feb. 1, 2015 University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.) New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24
LI Feb. 5, 2017 NRG Stadium (Houston) New England Patriots 34, Atlanta Falcons 28
LII Feb. 4, 2018 U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis) Philadelphia Eagles 41, New England Patriots 33

And of course last night.

@Unforgiven ... don't knock it until you've tried it. :p

Upvote 0
Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones