• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

suspect wireless update

Hi got a new update after having this phone for a while. Never seen it before.
Is this sus.. can't find anything online about an update.
Screenshot_20220123-165203.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-165203.png
    Screenshot_20220123-165203.png
    101 KB · Views: 151
why do you think this is suspect? did this just pop up out of the blue? or did you have the phone check for updates?

on their website the ulfone armor 5 was last updated on jan1st 2020.

Well I see no way this should affect my camera, or security patch. I should mention I'm on armor x8 (I am new to this so please forgive my ignorances)
This patch is for Nov 8 2021. I didn't check, it popped out of nowhere last week so I disabled it. Now it's up again after restart. I have forced stop and cleared data and cashe and I have no trouble browsing.

Upvote 0
Well I see no way this should affect my camera, or security patch.
It's a system update that includes updates to your camera software and a standard security patch. That's what system updates do.

Go into your Settings, find the system update setting (probably near the bottom under "System") and see if the same update is there. If it is then 100% it is genuine.

You can choose not to install it if you don't want, you'll just have a less secure phone. Unless you bought the phone through one of the US carriers that thinks it knows better than you and will force the update eventually whether you want to or not (some updates can be enforced that way. It's supposed to only be done for things like device safety, e.g. the infamous Galaxy Note 7 battery issues, but some carriers in the US misuse it just because they are control freaks - something that doesn't happen anywhere other than "the land of the free" ;)).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones