• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suspected spyware app

That part about the Play Store is crap.
The point is to not download apps from untrustworthy places.

The Play Store has more adware and malware in apps than many other app stores.

They told you that because it is on the script that they are reading from.

Did they ever tell you what app it was?
They said it was a text message from a delivery service, which said something like: "Your package will be delivered shortly, please click this link to track your order." As I had the infection, I scrolled through all of my apps. The app was definetely hidden, as I couldn't find anything unusual.

Upvote 0
They said it was a text message from a delivery service, which said something like: "Your package will be delivered shortly, please click this link to track your order." As I had the infection, I scrolled through all of my apps. The app was definetely hidden, as I couldn't find anything unusual.

Fake delivery service.
That is spam.
The link most likely had you download and install something.

It is found by going through

Settings
Apps
(show all apps)
(show system)

Now scroll to the bottom and look for apps that have no icon or name.

Then clear all data of the app, and uninstall it.

If it happens again, try that first.

Reactions: Member2034759
Upvote 0
Fake delivery service.
That is spam.
The link most likely had you download and install something.

It is found by going through

Settings
Apps
(show all apps)
(show system)

Now scroll to the bottom and look for apps that have no icon or name.

Then clear all data of the app, and uninstall it.

If it happens again, try that first.
I couldn't find any apps without an icon or name. Even after performing a factory reset, the smartphone behaves weird sometimes. For example I opened DuckDuckGo browser and it minimized without me clicking anything. Another example is MemRise, a language learning app. It opened itself while I was looking for another app on the menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones