• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System in Settings

I'm not sure what you mean by System. Are you talking about Android Version? System Update?
My husband mentioned the Google maps app voice isn't audible on his Samsung 7 phone. As I googled, it mentioned something about going into settings, scroll to bottom and click on system, but I don't see system anything. I cannot get the automated voice to play in my Samsung s9 plus phone either. Something in the app must have changed. But, while driving, we need to hear the audible directions.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Ah, that is a setting in maps. Do you connect to your car via bluetooth? If so, you need to have the car radio on media to hear the commands through the car speakers. If you want the sound to come through your phone speaker follow the steps below:
  1. go to the maps app
  2. tap your avatar at the right end of the search box
  3. tap the gear icon for settings
  4. scroll down to Navigation settings
  5. toggle the option to "Play voice over bluetooth
You will also notice some other voice options in there that may be of interest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones