• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tab 2 Screen problem

Macken55

Lurker
Dec 19, 2018
Hello,my friend dropped her Samsung galaxy tab 2 and shattered the digitizer, it was still useable so the Lcd was not broke. she bought a cheap replacement digitizer from China and what it is now doing is shown in the vid.I cleaned the Lcd before we fitted the digitizer so know the Lcd is not cracked as it seems in the video.Anyone any idea of what is wrong !

That sure looks like something is cracked there.
But I have to question the choice of cheap digitizer. I personally would have gone for a geniune replacement part, with it being such a critical component.
She couldn't find a genuine part ,one place had an old page advertising them but doesn't stock them anymore ,she assumed they couldn't be got as the tab is a few years old.

Upvote 0
Yeah, getting OEM parts for some devices can be a real chore. An option to look into is buy a used but still working Tab 2 from some place like swappa.com or ebay.com. Then cannibalize it for parts, or if applicable transfer her data to the new one and keep the original for parts. But whatever the case, hopefully she has her data safely backed up. If not, use Samsung's Smart Switch utility:
https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
It will make migrating all her data from one Tab 2 to another less of a hassle. (Or at the very least, having a full backup is a must anyway.)

Reactions: Macken55
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones