• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet screen flashes on and off but never starts up?

Hi all,

So I have been unable to actually start up my tab for about a week now. When it's plugged into the wall, the charging screen flashes on and off continuously. When it's unplugged, it will flash the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" screen on and off until the battery is dead.

Holding the power button does nothing. When I've tried plugging it into my computer, it is recognized for 2 seconds, then not, 2 seconds, then not.

How do I fix this?? There has been no impact of any sort or shady applications installed. I fell asleep one night with it working and the next morning it was broken!

Thanks in advance!

this happens to me, i have a Samsung galaxy tab 4, i was watching movies one of the nights and everything was fine, when i woke up my screen started flashing and it kept on switching off. My tab does not charge properly but that happened to me from a long time but the screen problem was new.

i charged my tablet for at least 10 minutes and it would stay at 1% the whole time, i then switch on my tablet and it would start up. i make sure i reduced my screen brightness to low, when my brightness is high the screen starts to flash. i cant unplug my charger now or the battery will die and the screen will start flashing so i use a portable charger. (if you try this then make sure you charge your tab for a while before switching it on)

i hope this helps with the screen flashing problem but its Samsung and alot of people have Samsung problems, the screen flashing thing happend to my friends S3, my brothers S3 had a battery problem and his Galaxy ace system update broke the whole phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones