• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ten facts about you

Ok, this could be fun.

1. Until 5 days ago I had not been on a device connected to the internet for about 9 months.
2. I am openly gay.
3. I have two beautiful kids.
4. I am allergic to the sun (not a vampire joke)
5. I'm a big fan of the NHL, but don't pay attention to any other sports.
6. I have six tattoos and 5 piercings.
7. I'm always believed to be younger than I actually am.
8. I am returning to school to study counter terrorism and criminal profiling.
9. I play poker for a living.
10. I don't care about any of my possessions, except my phone.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
  1. I'm called "Frisco" not because I've spent most of my adult life in San Francisco, but because I became known for wearing Frisco jeans as a kid in jr. high and high school.
  2. I've served in both the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army.
  3. I have an older brother but I'm older than him now, as he passed away in 1994.
  4. I have 65% hearing loss, but my hearing aids bring the loss down to about 45%.
  5. I have a 45 year-old daughter, 32 year-old son, 30 year-old son and 18 year-old daughter.
  6. I'm a skydiver.
  7. My favorite movie of all time is Brazil.
  8. Of all of the issues out there affecting American society, unwanted and unloved kids hits me the hardest, especially when it's because the father won't take part in their lives, and neither parent will listen to them.
  9. I write (terrible) poetry.
  10. I wish cell phones had never been invented.

Upvote 0
Ok, this could be fun.

1. Until 5 days ago I had not been on a device connected to the internet for about 9 months.
2. I am openly gay.
3. I have two beautiful kids.
4. I am allergic to the sun (not a vampire joke)
5. I'm a big fan of the NHL, but don't pay attention to any other sports.
6. I have six tattoos and 5 piercings.
7. I'm always believed to be younger than I actually am.
8. I am returning to school to study counter terrorism and criminal profiling.
9. I play poker for a living.
10. I don't care about any of my possessions, except my phone.

1. NO idea how you could manage:D
8. counter terrorism sounds pretty interesting, that like black ops training? :)
9. can you really make a living doing that? My aunt (who is still a teacher) is trying to 'go pro', actually won a trip to vegas to compete and was on poker channel

Upvote 0
What happened?

We moved to the Colorado Rockies and the area we moved to was a total blackout zone for any type of digital communications. We could get a Dish for TV, but no cell phones, cable, DSL, dial-up, etc. Just nothing available in the area at all. All of our neighbors were fine with it, but it drove us a little nuts. Still, we had the most amazing views from every window in the house.

1. NO idea how you could manage:D
8. counter terrorism sounds pretty interesting, that like black ops training? :)
9. can you really make a living doing that? My aunt (who is still a teacher) is trying to 'go pro', actually won a trip to vegas to compete and was on poker channel

1- It is kind of like being stuck indoors for a really long period of time. You get a little stir crazy, but you can manage. It is the big reason we broke our lease and moved though.

8- LOL no black ops training. We are talking analysis.

9- I'm not making huge money right now with it and of course it can fluctuate quite a bit, but I will probably end up in the $25k to $30k area at the end of the year after taxes and everything. So I can help pay the bills, but I'm not buying a private jet anytime soon. The big thing for me is that I get to do something I love and I get to spend time with my kids.

Upvote 0
  1. I'm called "Frisco" not because I've spent most of my adult life in San Francisco, but because I became known for wearing Frisco jeans as a kid in jr. high and high school.
  2. I've served in both the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army.
  3. I have an older brother but I'm older than him now, as he passed away in 1994.
  4. I have 65% hearing loss, but my hearing aids bring the loss down to about 45%.
  5. I have a 45 year-old daughter, 32 year-old son, 30 year-old son and 18 year-old daughter.
  6. I'm a skydiver.
  7. My favorite movie of all time is Brazil.
  8. Of all of the issues out there affecting American society, unwanted and unloved kids hits me the hardest, especially when it's because the father won't take part in their lives, and neither parent will listen to them.
  9. I write (terrible) poetry.
  10. I wish cell phones had never been invented.

7. ? why does that movie sound familiar?
10. :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0
1) I just bought a house
2) My son lives in GA right now, he is a Certified Wildlife Biologist. He will eventually get his Masters
3) I have been separated for 6 years
4) I work for an insurance company, I test the claims processing system/new code
5) My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper, favorite beer is either Dos Equis or Corona. Don't like most liquors, except Vodka of course
6) I am allergic to the sun too!
7) I feel the need to get another motorcycle but now have a mortgage
8) Both of my parents are deceased and I think of them both every day
9) I had a 'hole' in my heart when I was born but it closed on it's own when I was 10
10) Today is my pup's 4th birthday, Happy Birthday Lilly!

Upvote 0
I am game

1) I have serious mental stability issues. I have manic depression and schizophrenia supposedly thats what they say but I am not 120% sometimes.

2) I have attempted suicide before but failed twice.

3) Have almost been killed 3 times in my life span but not by me but by other means.

1st time was in Zimbabwe in the Zambezi river when I was a 12 year old lightie and almost became a 4 metre (4m) crocodile's dinner for that night. I escaped by the skin of my teeth and I am lucky to be alive today.

The 2nd time was when an elephant also in Zimbabwe almost killed me when I was also 12 years and almost crushed me into a nice mushy pile of human goo.

3rd time I got shot by a ****ing dick head and almost died for about a R100 rands or in your USA currency a pathetic and measly 15 dollars about. Yes... very very very sad.

4) I love my dog Jessie and she means everything to me. She makes me smile. I love her to bits.

5) I think I am addicted to my medication now because I have been on it for so long (7 Years give or take roughly).

6) I like computers and creating things. I love creating and comming up with new ideas concepts like the "Perfect Ball Bearing Technique".

7) I like to crack crappy jokes and make people laugh but usually fail awesomely :)

8) I have lost my best friend to a very heavy drug addiction and couldn't save him.

9) I hate my country like you could never believe and wish it would just get it over with and just kill itself asap because I can't take it any more.

10) I love animals so much. I have had 3 Staffy doggys in my life. They have all been very very very smart dogs.

11) I like science and history.

12) I can be quite a depressing sack of poop at times and get angry and overloaded and make everyone depressed around me. I then try to escape but end up going around in circles.

13) I like Video Games and think they are awesome.

I guess that is it.

Upvote 0
1 - I was lucky enough to find the love of my life and have been married to her for almost 20 years.

2 - I have never seen E.T.

3 - I used to be a bass player of some local renowned.

4 - My step-brother is a midget (dwarf actually) wrestler in Hulk Hogan's Micro Wrestling Federation, seen on Tru TV.

5 - I have very long and dexterous toes (wife calls 'em "foot fingers").

6 - I have been sober for 6 years (those that are familiar will my posts here will undoubtedly be shocked...)

7 - I have a pretty major fear that I will start to grow ear hair... soon.

8 - I have frequent insomnia.

9 - I enjoy gardening.

10 - I firmly believe "We Built This City" by Starship is the worst song ever written.

Upvote 0
1 - I have been house bound for nearly 10 months due to severe anxiety.

2 - I have Osteoarthritis.

3 - I'm studying Bachelor of Disability and Community Rehabilitation at University.

4 - I'm an only child.

5 - Have huge feet for a woman (US size 13) and I have long toes I can pick pens up with.

6 - I'm 6' 1 and slightly overweight (but I'm losing weight in the bum, that counts doesn't it LOL)

7 - I use a electric wheelchair outside the house due to bad knees. See below for reason why.

8 - In 2009, I had both knees at the same time, broken and realigned due to a bone deformity. I spent 6 weeks doing nothing but laying on my bed until the breaks healed.

9 - I am a huge Doctor Who Fan.

10 - I have battled with depression and other mental health issues for over 5 years now. But I'm doing ok :)

Upvote 0
1 - I am a student of electrical and computer engineering.

2 - I am frustrated by my own intellectual limits.

3 - I am even more frustrated with everyone elses limits.

4 - I am aware that I am arrogant and that I have incredibly high standards.

5 - I hate # 4 but try as i might I can't change the fact.

6 - I work backwards... be it calculus or designing a circuit my methods confuse everyone but they work for me... usually.

7 - I wish I were more disciplined and better at studying the topics that don't interest me.

8 - I fear failure. Every minute of every day. Not just in day to day life but in social interactions and in relationships also.

9 - I firmly believe that religion is an incredibly elaborate design, that has escaped its purpose, to moderate the masses behavior.

10 - I have absolutely no reason to be unhappy and I am sometimes concerned that I am not grateful enough for that fact.

Reactions: DaSchmarotzer
Upvote 0
1.I'm a lesbian

2.I was bullied at 6th grade until I'm a senior in highschool

3.I almost killed the man that my b**** of a girlfriend cheated on me with

4. I was in a gang full of bullied people and abuse victims for years till I quit

5. I have a 3 circle burn tattoo of my right wrist

6. I have a fear of heights, ants and mosquitoes

7. Rage comics, video games and music ate my therapy

8. I was cheated on by my 2 girlfriends... I only ever had 2 girl friends

9. I committed suicide twice...and failed.

10. Apparently when I'm sitting at my desk at midnight thinking of facts I can only think about depressing ones.

Upvote 0
Just thought I would mention your "crappy jokes" crack me up all the time. So they definitely aren't crappy, just awesome.

:)

Thank you B2L duuuuuuude :D

I really appreciate you sayin this :')

Seriosuly thanks!

Regards

"The Joker"

:D

Thanks "Friscy"!

Haha

xD

Some other facts about me:

1) I was infamous at school for being the king crackpot cracker of crazy jokes, and was then called "The Joker" like the Joker from Batman! Both slightly insane and funny :)

I love "The Joker" from batman, that guy cracks me up every time! He is my hero and like my role model!

Hahah

2) I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive at times and at other times couldn't care less sadly, like a damn "Yo-yo" :/ or in other words I am extremely sensitive at times and at other times couldn't give a damn which is very sad.

And

3) I love this thread! :D

4) I LOVE my XBOX! I like this XBOX sooooo much I decided to call him "Sam" the XBOX :)

5) I am a bit of a douche bag

6) I sadly have shot a man in self defence ... I to this day feel very bad about it. I wish this world could change hell I wish this world would change for the better but maybe that will never happen.

7) I wish I could make this world and my country a better place but feel it is a lost cause.

8) I also look like a douche bag too not just act like one LOL!

Thats all (for now!!)

LOL :D

Upvote 0
  1. I am a compulsive liar, not because I like to seem different, but because I find amusement in the fact that most of society is so willing to take what you say as absolute truth at first meeting (had my previous employer convinced I was a millionaire at the age of 18 and only worked out of boredum on day 1)
  2. I have 0 motivation to improve myself, but am always willing to give others advice. Im so bad that I openly admit my faults but refuse to change them
  3. I was raised (kind of, she was never around on weekends and worked a full time job weekdays and nights) by a single mother who had me when she was 17. Have never met my birth father (nor seen a picture or know his name)
  4. I have really bad father figure issues, and refuse to take direction/rules/duties, from men who are in a position of power (gets me in tons of trouble at work, and home since i live with my grand parents)
  5. I lost a full scholarship to Boston College my senior year. (left a state level track meet where I was seeded top 3 for all my events, to go to prom. Got kicked off of team, so couldn't compete in nationals, regional and a national decathalon)
  6. I have been dating my current girlfriend for 6 years now(just one week ago, we started dating october 10th), we started dating my sophmore year of highschool, I graduated in 2008. We both have full intetnions of getting married and having three kids, but are waiting because we are still young
  7. I am a huge car, computers,and cooking fan. (have enough basic knowledge in all of them to get a decent job in any field)
  8. I dislike being an american very much, not because of how the country is run, but more so because this country has gotten such a negative image to it that I find it sickening
  9. I have horrible eating habits that will more than likely lead to many more health complications/sickness sooner rather than later (I only eat 1 small meal a day, have severe acid reflux and am borderline bulimic/anorexic(food has 0 interest to me and I only eat because I know i need to, and I can't eat much with out vomiting it back up wether willfully or not). I am a 6'2" tall male and only weigh around 120lbs)
  10. I have next to no emotion. honestly the only emotion I can say ive ever felt was and is love. I've seen people die, and didn't even blink. when I moved out of my house my mom was in tears crying and I just shrugged said bye and left (I have tons of respect for my mother, I just can't stand my stepdad/her husband). But I do know that I love my girlfriend and she is what keeps me a stable human-being.

extra credit!-I think Stinky is a genius, but being stuck in that cockroaches body is really hindering him

1. I think Stinky is a genius but that cockroach body is really slowing him down

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones