• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Testers required

Sebastian404

Dec 1, 2011
So I have made a build of Clockwork Mod Recovery for the ZTE Anthem 4G

http://android.podtwo.com/beta/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-arthur4g.img

I have no idea if it will work since I have not been able to find a device, but it has a good chance.

I'm deliberately not going to give you any in depth instructions, since I'm only looking for someone who knows what they are doing..

you should have the USB drivers installed, and be able to get the device into fastboot mode.. and then use the traditional:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-arthur4g.img

any/all feedback welcome.

So I have made a build of Clockwork Mod Recovery for the ZTE Anthem 4G

http://android.podtwo.com/beta/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-arthur4g.img

I have no idea if it will work since I have not been able to find a device, but it has a good chance.

I'm deliberately not going to give you any in depth instructions, since I'm only looking for someone who knows what they are doing..

you should have the USB drivers installed, and be able to get the device into fastboot mode.. and then use the traditional:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-arthur4g.img

any/all feedback welcome.

I'm new to having to do stuff manually but I'm learning fast. I'll be happy to test this out once I figure some stuff out. and sorry if this is a dumb ? but when i had rooted my old optimus t I had to get root in order to install cwm, used z4root... Now root was needed to install cwm, but I'm assuming its cause i wasn't aware of manual methods using adb and fastboot is this correct?

Upvote 0
Fastboot wasn't working but i found a method for the warp that uses terminal emulator to copy the recovery image to the partition. but i got it on and its working, for the most part, It loads :p

Only thing I've done is a backup. It did give me an error saying that it couldn't backup sd-ext with a message that sd-ext might be disabled on my device. But I don't care I got root and a custom recovery, i'm boat loads of happy right now. :D just removing most of the bloat alone has made a night and day difference with the phones performance.

But your recovery seems to function just fine. TY :D Do you need/want any log files or anything?

Upvote 0
Couldn't get it to flash. Used adb - dd and flash_image also attempted using terminal emulator but all with no luck. -=/

Well Damn it.... you are rooted first right Bro?
Been a bit since I talked to ya.
Hows it all going? hit me on skype later wen u get time...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones