• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering this phone when on metropcs?

So I was wondering if its safe to use pdanet or foxfi to tether this phone to metropcs. I am still on their $25 unlimited talk and text plan, but wanted to tether it to my tablet so I can use the tablet at work without having to get a dongle for it. Also anyway I can activate the mms feature? If I wanted to get it through them I would have to give up the $25 plan and go to their $40-$50 plan, and I refuse to do that.

So I was wondering if its safe to use pdanet or foxfi to tether this phone to metropcs. I am still on their $25 unlimited talk and text plan, but wanted to tether it to my tablet so I can use the tablet at work without having to get a dongle for it. Also anyway I can activate the mms feature? If I wanted to get it through them I would have to give up the $25 plan and go to their $40-$50 plan, and I refuse to do that.

As far as I know, if you want to use mms, you will need that plan from Metro. You might be able to use Google Voice or something like that, but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you yes or no. Isn't the $25 a no data plan? Do you plan to tether your phone to your tablet's data plan on another carrier, or are you wanting to tether a tablet to your phone over a WiFi connection that your phone has? If that's the case, doesn't your tablet have WiFi? :thinking:

I have used PDANet, before to tether when I had the OM+.

Upvote 0
The only way to tether from the M+ is wired/USB. It does not have hotspot capability. Mine was rooted, I tried several wifi tether apps and none of them worked. It won't do infrastructure mode which is what most devices require.

I use mine (rooted) with tether app with no problems. BTW, wirelessly.
Maikalwolf, look for this app in the playstore.

Reactions: maikalwolf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones